The vegetable adsorbents, such as lignin, exert an action superior to that of inorganic substances such as kaolin, charcoal and Calcium phosphate.
The lignin of the carob fulfills different tasks:
- adsorbs the water excess of the feces without increasing volume and, therefore, no “inflate” the abdomen
- ensures the rapid elimination of microbial toxins, of organic acids, of the decomposition products coming from putrefaction’s proteins and amines
- decreases the proliferation of pathogenic bacterial flora
The presence of nucleotides plays a typical action of “immunonutrition”:
- stimulates the increase in own immune defenses of the intestinal mucosa
- promotes the clinical recovery after gastrointestinal diseases